Grammy-nominated Hozier covering Ariana Grande‘s “Problem.”

VIDEO: Hozier covering Ariana Grande‘s “Problem” and it’s bloody brilliant.

If Hozier hasn’t already taken you to church (or even if he has — better yet, especially if he has), listen up. ‘Cause the Grammy-nominated singer got super groovy at the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge covering his new pal* Ariana Grande‘s “Problem.”

It’s official: Conor McGregor will go after Jose Aldo’s featherweight title in July at UFC 189.

LAS VEGAS – It’s official: Conor McGregor will go after Jose Aldo’s featherweight title in July at UFC 189. McGregor (17-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) led off his fan Q&A at Friday’s UFC 183 weigh-ins with the announcement, saying he had just finalized his deal to fight Aldo (25-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) for the champ’s 145-pound belt. UFC 189 takes place July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas as part of “International Fight Week.” Although an official statement of main-event status was not announced, the bout is likely to serve as the headliner on the pay-per-view main card. “I’m going to rip that Brazilian’s head off,” McGregor said. “I’m calm, composed and I’m ruthless. This is just another man in my way. I feel he cannot finish his dinner, let alone an opponent. If it goes to five rounds, I’ll be more than ready. But it just takes one clean connection from me and it’s done. That’s proven.” Following McGregor’s main event win at UFC Fight Night 59 in Boston less than two weeks ago, UFC President Dana White said the Aldo-McGregor bout was being targeted for the promotion’s Memorial Day weekend card. But it appears that event will be headlined by light heavyweight champ Jon Jones against Anthony Johnson, with Aldo-McGregor in the summer. McGregor beat Dennis Siver with a second-round TKO at UFC Fight Night 59, keeping him unbeaten in the UFC. This past September, he took out Dustin Poirier with a first-round TKO, and in July, in his home city of Dublin, the Irishman who has taken the MMA world by storm stopped Diego Brandao in the first round. Aldo, meanwhile, continued his lengthy tear over the featherweight division in October when he beat Chad Mendes a second time, this time needing five rounds to beat him by decision instead of taking him out in the first round like he had done 20 months prior. He won the WEC’s featherweight belt in 2009 and has defended it nine times since then – twice in the WEC and seven times in the UFC. He’s widely considered one of the top two pound-for-pound fighters in the world. Story via MMA Junkie

Dynamo has announced a 3Arena date as part of his first ever live tour, coming to Dublin on 16 March 2016.

Dynamo has announced a 3Arena date as part of his first ever live tour, coming to Dublin on 16 March 2016. Irish Dynamo fans will, for the first time, have the opportunity to see his magic skills live, in what promises to be a spectacular and unique stage production. This will be one of the most elaborate shows ever to visit 3Arena requiring thirty trucks to transport it on tour. The first run of the tour kicks off in Manchester at the Eventim Apollo in October this year before going to, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Birmingham and Leeds. In 2016 Dynamo will now also be performing at; Brighton Centre, Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Bournemouth BIC, Motorpoint Arena Sheffield, the Echo Arena Liverpool, Odyssey Arena Belfast and finishing at Dublin’s 3 Arena. Dynamo, whose real name is Steven Frayne, hit our screens just three years ago with his first series of Magician Impossible, in that short time he has quickly established himself as one of the world’s most known and most loved magicians, with his series airing in over 180 countries worldwide reaching over 250 million cumulative viewers across the world. He was recently awarded the highest accolade by the magic circle with his promotion to Member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star, a position only held by 300 magicians worldwide, including HRH Prince of Wales. Dynamo said of his new venture, “After four series of Magician Impossible, I was ready for a new challenge and for a long time I have wanted to take my show to the stage. I am hoping that like I did for magic on TV, I can reinvent the live magic show and produce something fans have never seen before. This is something I have been working towards for the last 20 years and I can’t wait to amaze audiences what I have in store for them. I can’t wait to get to Dublin, one of my favourite cities and it’s the perfect place for us to finish the tour.” Tickets from €45 including booking fee via www.ticketmaster.ie Limited Golden Magic Circle VIP tickets also available, which include a best seat, a signed programme and an exclusive piece of tour merchandise. This is an 8+ show, under 15s must be accompanied by an adult.

Kayne West releases another new track with Paul McCartney and Rihanna !!!

It looks like we're another track closer to Kanye West's new album... Following on from releasing 'The Only One', a surprise collaboration with Paul McCartney, in the final moments of 2014, Yeezy and the ex-Beatle have now teamed up with Rihanna on a new track. Called 'FourFiveSeconds', it's a mellow affair featuring West and Rihanna duetting over laidback acoustic guitar and McCartney's organ playing. The track - which also features Dirty Projectors' Dave Longstreth and Ty Dolla $ign, according to Stereogum - was previewed at the iHeartRadio summit in Los Angeles, where Kanye surprised the audience at the music industry conference with a surprise, stream-of-consciousness speech about his career. As Billboard reports, the rapper showed up with a laptop and proceeded to describe his "responsibility to innovate" and not to repeat himself musically. He also discussed working with Paul McCartney and recalled asking the legendary musician (Warning: typical Kanye controversy alert): "What was the pussy like in the' 60s?". According to Billboard's witness: "He finished by playing one new song: a duet with Rihanna that featured acoustic guitar and a big, soaring chorus and melody with a massive hook. He then slammed his laptop shut and walked offstage to a standing ovation." It's unclear if 'FourFiveSeconds' is to feature on a new album from Rihanna, Kanye West, or both but we do know that it's not the last we'll hear of the hip hop star's work with McCartney. A statement following in the wake of 'Only One' touted it as "the first publicly available recording from what has become a prolific musical collaboration between these two legendary artists." Story via Triple J
Longitude 2015

Longitude is back and bigger than ever…

The first acts for Longitude 2015 have been announced. Hozier, ALt J and The Chemical Brothers will headline! Also joining this years line up are Hudson Mohawke, Wolf Alice, Slaves and Girl Band - with more to be announced. The fectival takes place in Marlay Park, Dublin on Friday the 17th of July to Sunday the 19th.

‘I was refused by D4 restaurant in case my little girl disturbed diners’ DEBATE: Owner Robbie Fox defends decision due to ‘corporate’ lunch trade

A YOUNG mother and her baby were refused entry into a top Dublin restaurant, because the manager doesn't want children disturbing other diners. Well-known restaurateur Robbie Fox defended his decision to turn Caireann Smyth and her 15-month-old daughter Ava away from Belucci's restaurant in Ballsbridge. "I don't like refusing people, Mr Fox said. "Nobody can afford to be refusing people from their business, but the problem we have here is that at lunchtime between 12 and 2, it's very, very corporate "The last thing they want is to have a child in the restaurant." Ms Smyth (32) told the Herald of her embarrassment of being told to leave by the manager. "I had my daughter in the buggy and Robbie, the owner, came up to us and said, 'I'm sorry but we don't allow children in at this time, but that we were welcome to come back in the afternoon. "He just said that there is a no children policy and I didn't press him any further because there were quite a few people around. "It was quite embarrassing for me, being told to leave in front of a busy restaurant. We ended up going to the Four Seasons instead." Concerned over what had happened, her husband and local Fine Gael councillor Dr Patrick Smyth called the business to speak with Mr Fox. "He explained that he does not allow children into his Italian restaurant because it might disturb the bankers who eat there," Cllr Smyth said. "I said that you cannot just discriminate against children. It's a vile practice to give priority to bankers over children. "I don't care if it's legal or not, that is irrelevant. To me this is just morally objectionable," he added. Mr Fox pointed out that the restaurant's website states that it "cannot cater for children under 12" between noon and 2pm on weekdays and on any evening after 7pm. "I have children myself but this is purely a business decision that if I have children here at lunchtime then I won't have people in here doing business," he said. "It's not anti-family, because on a Saturday and a Sunday, which are traditionally family days, we more than welcome families in here. BABYSITTERS "You can't say that we are a place that's biased towards business people. It's just an environment that we try to create in the restaurant [on weekday lunchtimes], which is not conducive to children. "I don't think that it's morally objectionable," he added. Mr Fox said many people approve of his restaurant's policy saying that when the issue was previously raised on a radio station, a survey found that 68pc of listeners agreed with him. "This is why people pay for babysitters," he said. "I am of the opinion that its horses for courses. "There are restaurants that are for families and that's what they set their stall out for, and we're not one of them," Mr Fox said. Via Evening Herald
Heath Ledger

VIDEO: Remembering Heath Ledger on the 7th Anniversary of his death

It has been exactly 7 long years since Heath Ledger died in New York on January 22, 2008 at the age of 28. As a number of online tributes attest, he was one of the most acclaimed actors of his generation. Today, fans of Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight, Brokeback Mountain, 10 Things I Hate About You, ...) along with the rest of the film industry have been remembering the iconic man he was. Ledger, a cultural icon Born in Perth on April 4, 1979, Heath Ledger's career spanned an arc over many different eras and tastes in Australian history. Ledger was not just a great actor, he was an icon, an all-around inspiration to everyone. In 2005 he touched the hearts of millions as Ennis Del Mar in ‘Brokeback Mountain’. His legacy continues to grow as new generations of fans are discovering his unique heritage. It's been 7 years since the tragic loss of Heath Ledger and his personality still resonate strongly within us all. Although Heath Ledger is no longer physically here, his presence is more powerful than ever. He left a void that has yet to be filled. In memory of the Late Great Heath Ledger. via Mediamass.net

Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Texting With Barbadian Model Rihanna

Leo and Rihanna started hooking up this year, right? Actually, a new report claims the two have been hooking up for years! That would mean Rihanna was sneaking around behind Drake and Chris Brown’s backs! Rihanna, 26, and Leonardo DiCaprio, 40, are having a lot of fun together! Their “no strings attached” attitude is serving them well so far but apparently, this “fling” has been going on for a while! Find out how long they have actually been hooking up for! Leonardo DiCaprio & Rihanna Hooking Up For Years? We know that Leo and RiRi have had a flirt few weeks since they were spotted together on New Years Eve but apparently, the two have been hooking up for years according to Us. That would mean that Rihanna was sneaking around behind Chris Brown and Drake‘s back to secretly hook up with Leo — yikes! Leo also had a relationship with Toni Garn during this time. “After his breakup, Leo started texting Rihanna again. They decided to have some fun,” a source said. “Neither one is looking to make this anything more than fun. He’s into her, and they’re enjoying it.” Rihanna & Leonardo DiCaprio’s ‘Awesome’ Romance As we previously reported, Rihanna and Leo know exactly what they are doing. “They know what they are getting into, no bullshit, just fun,” a source told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. “They know exactly what they are getting into with each other and leaving out romance and emotion is what is making it awesome!” HollywoodLifers, what do you think of this unlikely pair? Do you think it’s a good idea for them to just continue hooking up with no strings attached? Do you think Drake and Chris will be angry when they find out she’s actually been hooking up with Leo for years? Let us know what you think in the comments below! Story via Hollywoodlife.com

Conor McGregor pockets $220,000 from Dennis Siver win

Conor McGregor scored a major $220,000 payday for his win over Dennis Siver at UFC FC Fight Night 59. 'The Notorious' topped the night's reported payroll with a $170,000 purse for according to information released to MMAFighting.com by the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission. The 26-year-old also took home a $50,000 fight night bonus which brought his total tally to $220,000. Dennis Siver got $39,000 for his efforts against the Dubliner. Fox Sports revealed that UFC Boston had 2,751,000 viewers making it the most-watched UFC Fight Night on cable television since 11/14/09." McGregor has risen up one place in the UFC featherweight rankings to no.4. It comes as McGregor signed for apparel giants Reebok. McGregor becomes one of just five UFC fighters to sign a deal with them. He added, “I believe my potential in the Octagon is limitless, but it all comes down to the training you put in pre-fight. With a top fitness brand like Reebok behind me, there's no telling what I can do in the Octagon.” The deal comes hot on the heels of UFC president Dana White calling McGregor "the most marketable fighter of all time". McGregor wasn't the only Irish fighter to pick up a win at UFC Boston, with his teammates Cathal Pendred and Paddy Holohan both picking up decision victories earlier in the night. Pendred earned $16,000 while Holohan got $20,000. Northern Irishman Norman Parke lost via split decision against Gleison Tibau and got $20,000. The win for McGregor secures his shot at the UFC featherweight championship in the summer. He made good on his promise to finish the Russian-born German fighter, scoring the TKO at 1:54 of the second round. In his post-fight interview, McGregor said, "I said two minutes - I meant two rounds. I felt comfortable throughout. I don't think any of these featherweights pose a threat. Every single one keeps talking but I don't hear them talking about skill or technique, because they know I own that." After the fight, McGregor leapt over the Octagon to confront the cage-side UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo (25-1) face-to-face but security held him back as a defiant Aldo smiled at the 26-year-old Dubliner's antics. UFC President Dana White cited the time difference between Ireland and the U.S and their inability to secure a permit to hold a Dublin stadium event in the early hours of the morning to appease the U.S market as the reasons behind their decision not to hold the fight in Ireland. White, however, did not rule out a UFC show at Croke Park in Dublin in the near future. Story via Irish Mirror
dail bar

New figures have revealed the Dail bar had its busiest night of the year on December 17th – when the water legislation was voted through.

New figures have revealed the Dail bar had its busiest night of the year on December 17th - when the water legislation was voted through. The bar tills clocked up €7,461 in sales - €563 more than the busiest night of the previous year. What are your thoughts on this. Story via Ireland AM